2. Be polite. You have a lot more to lose by being disrespectful and it will only hurt your case later on.
3. Comply with the officer’s request for your driver’s license and insurance and registration information. You do not need to provide them with any further statements.
4. Do not exit your vehicle unless you are requested to do so by the officer.
5. Do not consent to a search of your vehicle. If the officer continues with the search anyway, remain calm and voice your objection again.
6. Call The Law Offices of Michael. H. Ricca, P.C. at (516) 500-1647 once you are able to do so and we can assist you with your legal needs.